Single Arm Chest Press
TARGETS: Chest, Triceps & Shoulders
KEY POINTS FOR THE SINGLE ARM CHEST PRESS
- Select desired weight
- Grip one handle, pull handle through cable ring until handle stop
- Stand in a staggered stance, with back foot braced against foot plate
- Bring handle in line with chest
- Press forward, straightening out pressing arm
- Return to start position
- Repeat until tired
- Repeat with your other arm
Select desired weight. Grip one high pulley handles with palms facing away from the body. From this start position, contract your upper back muscles and pull the handle down in front of you while keeping your arm straight- but do not lock your elbow. Pause for a moment, then slowly return to start position. Repeat exercise movement for as many reps as possible.
The single-arm cable chest press, is an upper body strength exercise that targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps. Performing the exercise with a cable ensures resistance remains on the muscles throughout the entire range of motion. Performing the exercise on each arm separately allows both arms to work equally.