How to Use the APOLLO Dip Assist Station
The hydraulic foot lever has 5 notched settings to provide assistance while doing the exercise. By lifting up on the foot lever and pushing it in as far as it will go into the center column slot you’re removing 75% of your bodyweight when using the foot lever while doing dips. Each notch that you pull the foot lever out from this position will reduce the assistance to 65%, then 55%, then 45%, and finally to 35% when the foot lever is all the way out.
- Adjust the hydraulic foot lever to an assist setting that allows you to do a few repetitions using good exercise form.
- Once the lever is adjusted, step on the foot lever while at the same time placing your hands shoulder width apart on the horizontal dip bars.
- Your palms should face each other. Your elbows should be bent and your chest should be in line with your hands. Keep your arms in close to your body.
- From this start position contract your triceps and chest muscles and press your body upwards as far as possible.
- Pause for a second and then slowly lower yourself to the start position and then repeat the exercise movement.
- By placing your feet on the foot lever while pressing yourself up you will get assistance in doing the exercise from the foot lever.
- For best results, complete as many repetitions as you can while maintaining proper exercise form.