TARGETS: Triceps, Chest & Shoulders
KEY POINTS FOR THE DIP STATION:
- Adjust assistance setting if required.
- Grip bars with palms facing each other.
- Press yourself up to the fully extended arm position.
- Do not lock out your elbows.
- Return to start position.
- Repeat until tired.
Grip the dip bars with your palms facing each other.
By contracting your triceps lift yourself up to the fully extended arm position. Do not lock out your elbows. Pause for three seconds.
Slowly lower yourself back down keeping your arms tight to your body until your elbows are bent at a 90-degree angle.
Repeat exercise movement for as many reps as possible.
Helps you do the exercise movement by reducing your body weight
If you are unable to perform chin ups or dips with your own body weight you can stand on the foot lever while doing the exercise and this will help you do the exercise movement by reducing your body weight.
There are 4 different assistance settings which will remove a percentage of your body weight while performing the exercise. To adjust the foot lever assistance setting simply lift the foot lever up and click it into one of the four notched settings.
How to use the Assist Mechanism:
- Adjust the foot lever to match the level of assistance required
- Lever moves in and out of the unit, you will feel the four
- different notches as you adjust lever
- Notch 1 (Lever all the way “in”) = 120lbs of assistance
- Notch 2 = 100lbs of assistance
- Notch 3 = 80lbs of assistance
- Notch 4 (lever all the way “out”) = 60lbs of assistance
*Assist Mechanism is not available on the Helios-NA Multigym
When done correctly, dips can add muscle mass to your upper body. With only using your bodyweight, this exercise can also help build your strength for other exercises.